- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- $75-82/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Sr. Content Strategist in NYC. The Senior Content Strategist will partner with product managers, internal business stakeholders, and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieve business goals. This role is a 12-18 month contract, 40 hours a week. Monday-Friday. Our client LOVES Senior level talent who have professional experience in corporate environments. Please note, this is NOT a Senior Marketing Manager role. This role requires specific experience as a Content Strategist.
If you are looking for a low-key, easy-going work environment where you will be surrounded by other high-level Content Strategist this will be a great fit for you! The Content Strategist is responsible for the planning, development, rollout and training of content guidelines for a new visual design system the client will be launching in the coming months.
Content Strategist Requirements:
- Requires at least 7 years of experience
- Must be able to work independently and provide coherent content strategy POV
- Must have experience from financial, financial services, healthcare industry or other highly regulated corporate industries like food & beverage.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative cross-functional team, including front end and back end developers, with proven knowledge of digital visual design, interaction design, ADA guidelines, analytics, Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of content strategy, design and user experience best practices and can lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates ability to influence others.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity.
Content Strategist Responsibilities:
- In this role, the Sr. Content Strategist will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for rolling out a new visual design and content system for use by content creators (marketers, writers, content strategists and others).
- Writing and editing content for large interactive projects.
- Guidelines will provide comprehensive documentation of how the system works and how to best use it.
- Collaborate with visual and experience design to ensure the guidelines capitalize on the design system an outside agency has delivered.
- Provide content leadership: from initial planning and outline, through writing, formatting and creating training materials.
- Design & Project Leadership - Work with content strategists, UX and visual designers in the creation of centralized content guidelines that will be the primary source for anyone who creates content for outward-facing web properties.
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!