- New York, NY.
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tamira Imondi
This position will be responsible for producing deliverables of In-store and Windows and marketing collateral for North America Brands within budget parameters and meeting our quality standards. This position will plan and manage project budgets and monthly forecasts with Marketing Operations and finance. This position will work closely with our Marketing, Project Management, Creative and Studio teams. The Associate Manager of Production must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to negotiate price and timelines that meet In-store dates and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of Production
• Clear and effective communications with key Business Partners (Marketing/Creative) to:
- Source, develop and manage marketing programs
- Develop strong partnerships for effective decision making and issue resolution
- Maneuver through complex business situations effectively and professionally to anticipate and overcome barriers to success
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings as required
• Effective management of programs:
- Production, scheduling and budget management of all assigned Marketing projects
- Forecast projects by obtaining estimates with various print and production suppliers utilizing corporate tools and standard triple bid process
- Ensure proper and timely delivery of marketing programs
- Maintain weekly budget status’ and track accruals / actual for forecast meetings
- Responsible for receiving the proper approvals needed for programs prior to the start of production to ensure project fits within defined budgets
- Communicate on-going budget status and options /limitations to business partners
• Partnership with Creative, Studio and Print Production Teams:
- Attend press checks as needed
- Strategize on fulfillment and shipping methods
- Proactive partnerships with Creative on printing techniques that allow for wider range of creative ideas and executions
- Partnership with Retouching Manager and Vendor on the quality and timing of final assets
- Partnership with Studio on the integrity of mechanical files
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Superior decision making, troubleshooting, negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills
• In-store print production experience including 3D props, signage and posters
• The ability to troubleshoot artwork files before they are sent to the vendor
• Ability to communicate to all levels of the company and vendors
• Conflict Management: Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
• Vendor management- quality control, price negotiation and any other vendor related program issues
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Tools (current version CS5)
• Strong computer background specifically in with MS Office
• Working knowledge of Workfront, Proof HQ, Crosscap a plus
2) Minimum educational level/Experience:
• BA/BS degree in print production or related field required
• At least 5-7 years pre-press and print production management experience:
• Sheet fed
• Screen Printing
• Digital Production
• 5+ years experience in managing vendor relationships.
3) Physical Requirements:
• Ability to travel domestically
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.