As a Senior UX Designer you will lead the end-to-end UX work stream, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses this company's services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Work will span the design process, from front end design definition to agile development and implementation, so your work may include everything from mapping the ideal customer journey to evolving a product feature after an MVP launch.
● Define the structure, navigation, and functionality of digital products to support a customer’s path through a system and ensure satisfying interactions and an overall experience that transforms customers into advocates
● Partner with IT, Business, and Research leads to gain an understanding of business, technical, and end user needs to help define and defend strategy for design solutions
● Create, and maintain UX/UI design documentation including system maps, task flows, wireframes, annotated screens, and prototypes to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration, and development
● Partner with design researchers to define research goals and create stimuli for use in in-person and remote sessions, leveraging learnings to inform design iterations
● Partner with IT to understand technical constraints and opportunities, ensuring designs are implementable, scalable, and accessible
● Partner with strategic business leads to ensure clear two-way gathering and distribution of business intelligence and requirements
● Facilitate work sessions that drive ideation and present design work to team members, stakeholders, and leadership
● 5+ years experience designing and launching a diverse range of digital products (apps, websites, and software) across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices), ideally for large audiences, and a portfolio of impressive work
● Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or related discipline
● Expertise in core design skills including the development of scalable design systems, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, motion graphic studies and product features
● Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation
● Strengths in secondary areas such as prototyping, front end development, user research, visual design, prototyping, service design, and/or content strategy
● Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and passion for teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture
● Expertise in core design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Flinto, and Figma with an interest in exploring new tools and processes