As Designer II you’ll be part of a fast moving, forward-thinking team responsible for designing cutting edge consumer experiences at our client's Flagship & Beacon stores!!
*** Please note that this role requires a candidate that is able to travel about 25% of the time - to help oversee installation of their designs w/in retail environment! ***
* You'll demonstrate and inspire diversity of thought and the exploration of big ideas both practical and visionary.
* You'll design highly crafted spaces and unexpected, immersive retail experiences.
* You have a vivid imagination that is fed by a strong curiosity about the world around you and a passion for searching out new perspectives and processes.
* With your advanced design skills, you will create original retail design solutions that reflect Nike’s design ethos, support retail business targets, and enhance consumer experiences at Retail.
What you'll do:
• In collaboration with a Creative Director or Senior Designer, utilizes exceptional design
skills to develop and drive innovative 2D, 3D and digital design solutions for consumer
experiences at Retail.
• Lead multiple concurrent Retail initiative projects, providing creative, innovative and
• Storytelling, translating a product story to ensure a clear narrative that is impactful,
creating emotional connection between the consumer and brand.
• Design with versatility and constantly seek new and innovative ways to design for
consumer experience through graphics, styling, photography, and digital mediums.
• Design with clear ideation through color, materiality, texture, spacing, proportion, scale
and outstanding use of environments.
• Design with knowledge of current and future trends influencing the consumer
experience and technology.
• Create presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts to team,
leadership, and various internal and external audiences.
• Ensure design deliverables, timelines and budgets are met.
• Work with wide array of internal partners to ensure feasibility of designs, budget, and
functional needs (Brand, Retail Brand, Brand Design, Digital, Brand Comms etc.) are
• Demonstrates expert-level knowledge of current trends in color, technology,
communications, experience, art, retail and other design influences.
• Actively gain knowledge and experience regarding Nike’s design ethos, the Nike matrix,
products and processes.
• Collaborate with peers, design counterparts and partner groups at Nike, as well as
external teams to ensure continuity and progress across initiatives, categories, and
• May lead multiple projects, establish direction and manage designers on a per project
What you bring:
• Minimum of 5+ years of progressive, technically sophisticated design experience in
architectural, experiential or brand design and a demonstrated ability to apply these
skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
• Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including concepting,
drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, and spatial design in
scale, visual presentation development and space planning layouts. Demonstrated
ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate Brand excellence.
• Ability to concept and create custom motion graphics. Includes: Vector animations,
kinetic typography, 3D animation.
• A working knowledge of interactive and digital design.
• Working knowledge of the NA marketplace and Sneaker Culture.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
• Positivity and eagerness to do great work in a team environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and geographies.
• Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in local market language, including
meeting facilitation, clear articulation of goals, objectives and concerns to senior
management and ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to current trends in color, design, art, photography and
experience design and their application to the athletic industry.
• Demonstrated high level expertise using computer design applications including
SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, V-Ray, Adobe Creative Suite, and Keynote.