Our global Media client is currently seeking a Spanish Video Translator - Contractor to join the audience development and video production teams. This will be an 18month position in their New York City Office.
You will be integral in creating Spanish videos that will be distributed to millions of people every day. This role encompasses video editing and production, with a focus on translating content from English to Spanish. This includes finding and sourcing Spanish-language items to feature, translating high-quality text-to-video pieces, and sharing videos across various social media platforms. You will also be responsible for tracking and analyzing performance for these Spanish videos.
Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of how to write for video in both Spanish and English. Will be able to efficiently create videos, and have a strong understanding of the digital media space, and know how to distribute content to a Spanish-speaking audience.
- Produce, create, curate, and publish highly-shareable, social-first Spanish video content to drive video views for our team.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently edit videos from start to finish for multiple social platforms.
- Locate and source potentially viral videos on a daily basis, geared toward a Spanish-speaking audience, and be comfortable following up to secure rights to content.
- Translate high performing English videos into Spanish on a daily basis.
- Manage and contribute to video posting on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Track social and revenue performance for the brand and communicate wins and growth strategies to the team effectively.
- Attend daily team planning and content review meetings to decide day-of video content assignments, contribute new ideas and give valuable feedback to team members.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, with experience in writing specifically for video and social media posting.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps, specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- 1-2 years working in a video editor/producer role, with a focus on Spanish-language content
- Must be comfortable translating 3-5 videos a day, as well as locating potential video content to license and create for In The Know en Espanol.
- Comfortable using Facebook to schedule and distribute video and text content.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with real-time feedback.
- Can effectively handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communications skills and ability to write fun and informative social copy in Spanish.
- Must have knowledge of how video is programmed and distributed across platforms and must be willing to contribute new ideas for growth