- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join their Provider Communications team to assist team leaders with project plans and deliverables, including gathering and organizing information, drafting communications, and updating communication plans and activity trackers. This position may also handle end-to-end internal and external communication planning and execution for various baseline initiatives that affect healthcare providers.
- Own end-to-end internal and external communication planning and execution for various baseline and reoccurring initiatives that affect providers.
- Outline risks, dependencies, mitigation options, resources, tactics, timelines, and costs for standard, repeatable, baseline initiatives
- Develop or support communication plans with objectives, deliverables, and review and distribution timelines for standard, repeatable, baseline initiatives
- Participate as a communication subject matter expert, responsible for understanding and mapping out content, with a goal to create an optimal communication experience for all affected audiences.
- Based on insights and data, make recommendations to improve communication strategy.
- Ensure all materials go through a review process for approval of message, compliance with contractual, regulatory and Legal guidelines, and text and brand standards
- Ensure internal and external communications are distributed on time and within the agreed-upon budget
- Leverage internal and external multi-channel distribution
- Coordinate with team Provider Communication Leads and matrix partners to develop, drive and execute comprehensive internal and external communication plans, delivery, and post-communication activity.
- May coordinate and acts as a single point of contact between the project delivery teams and the array of communications, marketing, public relations and other stakeholders within organization.
- Interface with internal constituencies (e.g., field, Service Operations, Product, Medical Management, Service Operations, Contracting) to develop and coordinate communication plans for new initiatives, policy / program changes – this includes providing recommendations relative to the communication strategy and execution of overall strategic direction and project objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date project status, budget tracking, and capacity information in team reporting tools.
- As needed, document meetings and conference calls in writing, outlining direction and agreements made.
- As needed, coordinates with external vendors.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates wil bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably including prior employment with a marketing agency or corporate marketing group.
- Broad business knowledge of all aspects of the healthcare services industry.
- Experience evaluating customer needs; and leveraging strong consulting and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience managing communication and marketing initiatives from beginning to end.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, heavily matrixed environment.
- Able to lead multiple projects that require the support of other team members.
- Work independently, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Solid organization, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support and buy-in.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing budget estimates, and creating communication and marketing plans.
- Experience in MS Office Suite. Strong Excel skills, a plus
- Strong PowerPoint design skills to creatively display content and visually translate key concepts
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.