As an Experience Design Director, for our Clients's Digital Innovation Team:
** You'll lead and explore new ways of thinking about how modern technologies and services can be used to craft innovative experiences and products.
** You’ll work with the Footwear and Apparel Innovation teams at our Client's company to lead the design of game-changing experiences that elevate innovation concepts, as well as new disruptive capabilities that accelerate product creation.
** You’ll partner with multi-disciplinary teams to explore new business opportunities, gather insights, and design intuitive, user-centered experiences that drive product design and development.
** You’ll use your leadership skills to evangelize design thinking and the value of experience-led digital products to bring clarity to early stage exploration.
** You’ll collaborate with technology partners, vendors and creative partners to deliver innovative solutions in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
** You’ll lead the design of various projects and produce digital and physical outputs, including user flows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design comps, and motion studies—anything you need to help you articulate your ideas. You’ll balance hands-on execution of design deliverables with strategic thought leadership to drive projects and collaborate with teams.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate thought leadership in creative problem solving, and a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills.
• Connect larger strategic priorities to projects and effectively translate and drive those priorities into action.
• Create and drive the experience strategy for various projects and collaborate with product owners to define requirements.
• Uncover and understand business opportunities through user research and insights-gathering; synthesize insights to ground product strategies.
• Evangelize user-centered thinking with partners and stakeholders to guide towards thoughtful process and technology change.
• Manage, execute and own design deliverables, including conceptual models, personas, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and visual designs.
• Represent the Experience Design team, operate as a subject matter expert, and foster productive relationships with our Innovation partners for various footwear and apparel projects.
• Educate, inspire and mentor team members by communicating an experience-based vision for the project while involving people at optimal levels for project success.
• Lead meetings with key stakeholders; effectively drive towards productive outcomes.
• Manage the collaboration with development teams, and work to streamline workflows and processes for team success.
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Facilitate meetings and make persuasive presentations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or related field
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thought leadership
• At least 8+ years experience in interaction or experience design
• Digital product design experience preferred
• A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
• An expert understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop innovative design approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate, influence and lead across organizations
• An innovator mindset with a propensity and passion for out-of-the-box thinking and ideation
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Can work with grace under pressure and operate effectively and proactively in an ambiguous environment