Our pharmacuetical client in North Chicago, IL is looking for a graphic design specialist with a focus on presentation design. This designer will design and develop print and electronic deliverables for internal and external communications, promotional programs and meetings/events that support business objectives for the teams, across the entire enterprise. Works collaboratively with fellow design staff, including Creative Directors, fellow Designers, Production staff and external vendor partners. Contributes to the development and clarification of project scope, timeline and budget, and shares accountability with Account Teams in delivering against project requirements and client expectations, proactively course-correcting when necessary. Must have a portfolio of presentation design and share upon application.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Understands and adheres to the Code of Business Conduct (CBC) and all other applicable AbbVie internal policies and procedures.
• Utilizes creative functional knowledge to facilitate project execution and efficiencies.
• Maintains awareness of current design trends, new techniques and technology in photography, typography, illustration, design, animation/motion graphics and video, including both print and digital media.
• Understands and adheres to Brand Standards and Guidelines, including the AbbVie Corporate Brand, as well as individual product brands, as required.
Skills and Development:
• Efficiently manages workload to enhance productivity and expedite timelines. Communicates priorities to all appropriate functional groups and individuals. Reprioritizes projects and tasks within a highly dynamic work environment.
• Effectively solves project-related problems, anticipates potential challenges and proactively offers solutions. Asks clarifying questions and actively contributes ideas in a very collaborative team setting, with a strong attention to detail.
• Adheres to department workflow standards while meeting project objectives.
• Makes sound design decisions, based on project parameters, audience, messaging needs and delivering within a wide variety of media types, leveraging both print and digital formats and specifications.
Creative Execution and Development:
• Executes project deliverables and tactics that support business and communication objectives. Follows the direction of and collaborates effectively with senior creative staff, clarifying optimal production processes and project specifications when necessary.
• Implements appropriate internal and external approval processes.
• Consistently communicates timely and accurate information as project progresses, meets deadlines and executes quality standards.
• Proactively utilizes quality control processes and leverages best practices for greater efficiency. Contributes innovative ideas that result in high-caliber solutions.
• Works directly with meeting and events team, account teams, project management, writers and creative directors to deliver against creative objectives/themes across a variety of print and electronic deliverables.
• Anticipates project needs and proactively provides expertise and offers solutions to meet them.
• Must track time on a daily basis and meet established utilization numbers for this function.