- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
We're looking for an interaction designer who thrives in ambiguity and complexity. Ideally you are someone with experience working with enterprise products or other technical software. You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it, get stakeholder buy-in, and work closely with PM and engineering leads to ensure a successful launch. You are passionate about effective collaboration and are comfortable working very closely with a team of researchers, product managers, and engineers.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA.
- Understand stakeholder goals, research possibilities, and build consensus on design solutions
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wire-frames, mocks, and prototypes.
- Communicate design intent to stakeholders through well crafted presentations and other means.
- Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience (preferably with machine learning)
- Experience designing complex systems, like enterprise products, developer tools, or internal infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate design solutions
- Excellent knowledge of user experience design and related tools and techniques
- Proven logical, analytical, and investigative thinking
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: