- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
As a Visual Designer on the Design Systems team, you will be responsible for conducting product audits, identifying patterns, and creating flexible, enterprise-focused components that can be used by all of the company products with a core focus on the visual design of the components.
- Understand all of the company products patterns and components
- Design 140+ new patterns and components for built on brand language to reflect the needs of Company products
- Document the usage, accessibility, and design specs for components within the Design System spec
- Own the review process between multiple teams within the company and address feedback
- Respond to and close bugs related to current components by improving designs
- Work closely with Eng and PM partners to ensure components and patterns are well-documented
- Contribute strategically to the development of an improved process around pattern definition and documentation.
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit.
- A degree in a relevant field - graphic design, print design, information design, communication arts.
- In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- A portfolio of print and online work that showcases design system materials.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information.
- Worked with large technology company in the past (contract or FTE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field + 2-4 years of post-baccalaureate experience in graphic design or a related field.
- 5+ year of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience establishing design systems for various brands.
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with design and engineers.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography, and high graphic standards.
- Interest in or experience with using Content Management Systems (CMS) and/or designing for them.
- Interest in or experience with layout design and visual communications.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, and/or other design tools
**PLEASE PROVIDE PORTFOLIO LINKS (please provide passwords, if nec.) AND/OR WORK SAMPLES**
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: