- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
This person will be responsible for shaping and leading design communications across several product initiatives. As an experienced designer, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with art directors, illustrators, content strategists, and product designers to grow and evolve work from a design perspective. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment.
The ideal individual for this role is a multi-faceted and innovative problem-solver that has an eye for great creative work, talent, and the ability to deliver and launch initiatives on time and on strategy. The successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in Communication Design. Additionally, the designer must be a clear communicator, a team player, and have a proven ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver world-class creative work.
- Execute on communication design across several surfaces, creating artwork combining iconography, photography, illustration, typography, and other graphic elements (as appropriate).
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style(s) and approach
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of useful and consistent experiences based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive communication design that is engaging and reflect a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone
- Inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and escalate issues to keep projects moving forward
- Communicate design direction in addition to being a hands-on designer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Communication Design
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience designing visual systems as well as creating graphic design elements from illustrations to iconography
- Strong user interface and user experience knowledge & application.
- Knowledge in digital product design
- Experience creating work for digital surfaces (mobile, web)
- Portfolio exhibits conceptual experience, composition, and color
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication experience
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
- Experience with time management, task prioritization, and identifying problems to work towards solutions
- Experience in collaborating with Content Strategy
- Experience in collaborating with Product Designers
- Familiarity working in Tech environments
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do