- North Houston
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cedric Wilson
- Works with constituent departments to fulfill mobile application development, support, and maintenance requests.
- Assists in scope definition and estimation of work effort.
- Contributes to the business requirements gathering process.
- Works with the solution design team to ensure that design standards are followed.
- Adheres to defined processes.
- Develops application code to fulfill project requests.
- Creates technical documentation as required.
- Tests unit applications for release into production environment.
- Mentors entry-level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Two or more years of professional Android Development experience required.
- Must have portfolio of mobile apps developed.
- Knows and uses well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of application development to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner utilizing strong evaluation, originality and ingenuity skills.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Preferred skills include:
- Must have 2 years of Android mobile application development experience.
- General knowledge of architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good software design and Clean architecture.
- General knowledge of design patterns and principles.
- Experience in design, development and implementation in the Android software platform and relevant SDK’s.
- Strong knowledge of Android development MVVM application architecture.
- Significant development experience in Kotlin.
- Experience working with serialization/deserialization using Gson or equivalent library.
- Understanding of DI (dependency injection) using Dagger or equivalent framework.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and client-server interaction via APIs.
- Experience with RESTful services standards.
- Working knowledge of SQLite, SQL language, relational database concepts and database migration.