Aquent's client, one of the biggest automotive companies in the US, is seeking a Web Data Specialist for approximately 14 months or longer to work on-site in Detroit, MI!
The Web Data Specialist is responsible for the management and validation of all brand vehicle configurations and pricing data used on the brand websites and internal applications. It is crucial that all the data is analyzed, accurately maintained and validated, reflects both product and marketing activities and is released in a timely manner.
This role requires skills and knowledge to analyze a large amount of data, resolve data and extract issues and also have the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management, staff and business partners.
The individual will act as a liaison between Global Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, Order Management, Pricing and Product Planning teams. The Web Specialist will be the main contact for all data related questions.
This position is critical to updating and changing the websites to reflect product and marketing activities.
- Manages integrity of data to validate vehicle configurations and pricing for web applications. Marketing department liaison with Pricing and Sales & Marketing departments.
- Monitors VCM (Vehicle Configuration Manager) for new vehicle build configurations and notifies MPI (Marketing Product Information) team.
- Serve as the contact between the Marketing and Order Fulfillment Teams.
- Attend Marketing Team meetings as needed. Communicate relevant order flow information to Marketing Teams and facilitate the flow of information back to Order Fulfillment.
- Act as a subject matter expert within Configuration data management for all vehicle segment Inform Marketing Teams of production issues (i.e. constraints) and proactively seek solutions with appropriate Marketing / Order Fulfillment personnel.
- Assuring clear understanding and communication of marketing intent so that VOM and Order Guides are set up in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide communication and answer questions from representatives related to organizations handling brand web sites.
- Coordinate model introductions and new vehicle launches for the Marketing Teams and within Order Fulfillment.
- Special assignments as required.
- Capture business requirements for the project(s) by using industry standard tools, templates and terminology. Using a structured approach to gather and manage information to enable the communication of clear understanding of the business requirements.
- Responsible for these deliverables: business requirements document, functional requirements, User / Stakeholder requirements, quality of service requirements, implementation requirements, report specifications and traceability matrix.
- Develop requirements specifications, as needed, according to standard templates: identify and model process requirements, identify and model data requirements and identify business rules requirements
- Manage requirements by critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Facilitate requirements workshops / sessions
- Acts as an interface between technology teams (developers) and support teams (service delivery).
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Design applications based on identified architecture and support implementation of design by resolving complex technical issues faced by the IT project team during development, deployment and support.
- Remains current on industry standards and technology.
- Continuously incorporate innovative ideas into the current and future direction for the business.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal teams and engineering customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following deliverables as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Process Model Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs). Uses a cross-matrix document for recording.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Information Management or Related Field
- 3+ years Automotive experience
- 3+ years Digital Marketing experience
- Ability to manage large volumes of diverse data from disparate data sources using a combination of eTools, Access and Excel.
- Ability to analyze vehicle configuration sales data and its related marketing product information.
- Ability to handle the accuracy and smooth transition of vehicle configuration data to organizations handling brand web sites.
- Ability to evaluate technology and assess viability for integration with business strategy.
- Subject matter expert in assisting development work teams in developing and troubleshooting application changes that interface with system architecture.
- Basic understanding of STV and the vehicle ordering and scheduling process.
- Knowledge of Data Management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with multiple departments and business units
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Related Field
- Project Management experience