- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a Marketing Consultant to be responsible for development, targeted execution, and reporting of marketing strategies across a spectrum of products, programs and services. This role requires business-to-business (B2B) and direct-to-consumer (DTC) strategy and communications tactics delivery experience to drive both sales growth and customer engagement/experience. This Consultant will participate in marketing strategy development across a suite of solutions in collaboration with internal and external partners and enable effective delivery of that strategy in market through actionable and measurable marketing tactics. The Consultant will possess ability to translate business objectives and impacts into B2B and DTC marketing strategy, plans and campaign execution as well as leveraging multi-channel experiences and enabling test and learn processes.
Reporting to their US Business Marketing team, this role requires a strategic mindset, ability to collaborate with business and other matrix partners, ability to execute on tactics that bring strategy to market, and partner with their Marketing Centers of Excellence in delivery – on time and on budget. Must have a results-driven mindset with focus on campaign reporting, measurement, and drivers of KPIs. To be effective in the role, the Consultant must be able to thrive in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous, environment, cutting through the clutter to deliver impactful results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, develop and execute marketing strategies to support successful solution introduction, enhancement and ongoing customer engagement priorities for key aspects of their Group Insurance solutions portfolio.
- Mobilize and direct expertise across marketing centers of excellence and orchestrate/facilitate end to end marketing plans to drive growth, adoption, retention and optimal customer and client experience – across all stages of lifecycle, across all pertinent audiences and channels.
- Build and execute targeted campaigns leveraging client and customer segmentation and other relevant insights, to ensure timely, relevant connection through the buying cycle, and/or key moments that matter.
- Build effective launch plans and strong value proposition articulation and tools (show don’t tell) to effectively arm sales to be successful at growing business within aligned solution portfolio
- Partner with compliance, legal, brand and other key stakeholders to ensure our strategies and tactics are delivered in a manner that complies with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Cross functional/matrix management with strong leadership and accountability skills. Strong budget management.
- Outside-in marketing strategy experience to create differentiated experiences – regardless of channel.
- End-to-end campaign and project management from launch to measurement and reporting of results.
- Understand competitive environment, including emerging solutions, and work to differentiate solutions, as well as identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Drive a customer-focused culture by demonstrating the strategic and financial significance of a business anchored in deep customer, client, and business partner insights and understanding.
- Demonstrate core values, including teamwork and enterprise view, and drive a high-performance culture
- Other assignments as necessary to deliver on team marketing goals.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of marketing or marketing communications experience in both a business to business and direct to consumer setting
- Modern Marketer skill set: ability to understand and grasp marketing strategy and approach, leverage data and insights to inform strategy and recommended approach, link business need to action, understand how to leverage digital tactics/channels to execute marketing strategy.
- Ability to take a project from strategy to delivery of tactics in market
- Health care and Specialty Solutions industry experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment across multiple functions and in support of diverse buying groups and geographies.
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver, who exercises good judgment in resolving difficult situations, prioritizes and can balance needs with enterprise objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, and juggle multiple, sometimes competing, priorities and requirements
- Experience executing strategy and tactics within time, budget and quality standards
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES SHOULD INCLUDE
- Ability to influence direction and action; build and leverage internal relationships
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed
- Adaptable and flexible; open minded, innovative and creative – seeks ‘out of box’ solutions
- Open communicator; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Strategic mindset
- Cultural sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure on multiple priorities