We are looking for a UI/UX Manager to join our team, an academic enablement company that makes next-generation technology both available and viable for educational institutions. Your role will be to help lead the design effort to create highly intuitive, usable, simple and elegant user experiences across web and mobile interfaces.
• Advocates for users, imparting day-to-day, strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, technology, content and business goals.
• Promotes a high-performance culture by cultivating and motivating direct/indirect reports through coaching, mentoring and by providing regular, meaningful feedback.
• Help establish a cohesive set of style guides, design principles and pattern libraries to provide consistency.
• Drive and educate the team on best practices throughout the user-centered design process.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, clients and internal cross functional teams to create high fidelity, interactive wireframes.
• Lead usability research efforts to validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and live systems.
• Participate and lead UX activities such as conducting workshops for persona and user journey creation.
• Work closely with UX leadership on defining and developing an overall strategy for the end-to-end experience.
• Manages day to day priorities of the UX team, including supervision of staff and management of client relationships.
• Prepares, organizes and complete design project tasks of various scopes and complexity effectively and efficiently while managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
EXAMPLE OF A DELIVERABLE THEY'D BE WORKING ON: style guides, design principles and pattern libraries, usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and live systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have a robust design demonstrating sound design thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture.
• Experience with the development, adoption, and maintenance of design libraries
• Expert knowledge with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Relentless attention to detail
• 3+ years of experience managing a team
• Strong client-facing consultation, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a complex, diverse and changing environment. You are a person energized by maintaining focus on key business goals and able to deliver on a plan.
• Expertise in mobile design systems and responsive/adaptive design techniques
• Ability to create high-fidelity, interactive wireframes or prototypes with a human centered approach
• Passion for customer interaction and desire to exceed what our customers’ needs and wants
• Experience working with wireframing software such as Axure
Started as a startup—see above --provide products to UMUC and other schools, Frostburg, and other state schools, and growing quickly
Now they have up to 200 employees, and continuing to grow
Their team is comprised of one UX designer and three UX devs, one Jr UX dev, and she also oversees a marketing coord and comm specialist.
UMUC was traditionally waterfall environment, moving to a more Agile process more of a hybrid of the two environments
IT svcs in Higher Ed
Alliances recruiting firm
Their aesthetics are modern, mobile, lots of white space, understanding of white space /mobile compatibility/Accessibility
Aware of the market
Higher Ed background is not a requirement
HR had issues with resumes- not an updated resume sent, VERY STRINGENT with resume/typos--
Benefits are great, including 7.2 % of annual sal automatically given to 401K
Free education for spouse and kids