As a junior graphic designer on a long-term on-site contract, you’ll join a culturally diverse group of 90+ people at an in-house advertising agency for a biopharmaceutical company with 29,000+ global employees.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team—senior designers, web developers, motion artists, writers, editors, and account managers—that partners with cross-functional stakeholders to support 30+ leading brands and initiatives. Together, you’ll help develop multichannel materials for affiliates in 80+ countries.
You’ll love working in the modern, eco-friendly building with bright, open interior spaces. Time for a break? Grab a coffee or snack in the on-site Starbucks, enjoy a full meal in the tricked-out cafeteria (enjoy the smoothie bar, sushi Mondays, and build-your-own-omelet Thursdays!), work up a sweat in the spacious gym, or take a stroll along the nature path on campus.
And you’ll find it all in Mettawa, with a free shuttle to and from Metra north train lines + convenient access to I-94.
• Create: Collaborate face-to-face with creative managers, writers, account managers, and project managers in the development of new digital and print materials. Document progress in our project management application.
• Update: Use InDesign and Illustrator to make text and design changes to headlines, body copy, footnotes, and references, plus bar, line, and pie charts. Use InDesign and Acrobat to add interactive functionality—hyperlinks, buttons, form fields—to PDFs.
• Prepare: Use Photoshop to size photos for large-format printing. Follow specifications provided by vendors to create product packaging schematics. Make test prints for quality assurance.
• Commit: Arrive on time and understand how absence affects deliverability. Work overtime when needed to complete time-sensitive projects.
• Education + experience: Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, or related discipline
• Technical skills: Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro. Understanding of tools and techniques to complete design tasks efficiently with each app (for example, using paragraph/character styles, superscripts, lists, layers)
• Soft skills: Take initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment. Absorb and respond to constructive feedback. Turn projects around quickly when off course.
• Portfolio: Provide samples of work to be considered. Portfolio must demonstrate a variety of creative examples. Each example must include a description that explains what you did, how you did it, and the level of your involvement.
Nice to Have
• Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote
• Portrait and product photography experience and photo retouching skills
• Expertise in creating digital mockups in Photoshop