- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Aquent's Client is looking for a UI Visual Designer who will be responsible for the look, feel, and experience of the new app experience. Together, we will strive to create products that people love to use and welcome into their home -- smart yet simple, delightful, and intuitive.
- Lead visual designer on the app.
- Responsible for the visual design language and expression layer of how people interact with the app to control smart devices in their home and understand what is happening around them.
- Work directly with a team of interaction designers and user researchers to create and explore multiple visual design explorations for the mobile experience.
- Design and create high quality user interfaces, illustrations, icons, data visualization, and motion graphics
- Create and maintain assets and spec creation across platforms -- mobile, web, and smart displays
- Strategize, brainstorm, and design key features
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers, and marketing
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design or a related discipline
- 3+ years work experience as a designer working on shippable products
- Fluency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and prototype tools (Principle, Flinto...)
- A strong portfolio showcasing high quality visual design deliverables.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and visually
- Fluency with visual, motion, and interaction design tools as well as ability to work within a highly technical environment.
- Knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a large team and drive consensus through design work.
- Define and guide team UX processes and methods to drive collaboration and innovation
- Plan new experiences through user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Creating design systems
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and grid
- Cross platform experience, designing for various screen sizes
- Solid understanding of hand-held device/web/mobile graphics techniques and production practices for both Android and iOS
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: