Our large nonprofit client located in DC (near the National Portrait Gallery) is seeking a Digital Experience & Optimization Manager for a contract assignment. This position is onsite and full time.
This position is responsible for improving the digital experience for Members/Prospects joining or renewing digitally via many paid channels including email. Improved user experience results in higher rates of conversion, as more users complete their online transaction. As the digital marketing industry is becoming increasingly competitive (i.e. expensive), improving conversion is critical to continue growing digital as a channel for both acquiring and renewing members.
This role will be responsible for the design, execution, and measurement of digital experiments. This includes A/B and multivariate tests, which improve experience and conversion of prospects/members visiting the clients website via desktop and mobile devices. This role is responsible for understanding user behavior and developing solutions to simplify the front-end experience while working with IT and Digital Operations on the technologies to allow for a faster, simpler, and less error-prone experience when joining/renewing online.
The Digital Experience & Optimization Manager will play a critical role in achieving client’s goal of significantly increasing the share of memberships acquired and renewed through digital media. This role supports the development, execution, and measurement of client’s optimization roadmap to increase conversion rates membership. This includes the testing and optimization of landing pages, join and renew forms, and the experience on digital properties – to the end of increasing conversions.
1. Manage execution of tests to optimize a prospective member’s digital experience from paid campaigns – including Lead generation emails, paid search, display and social marketing – to increase membership conversion.
2. Manage execution of tests to optimize join and renew forms on AARP.ORG to increase membership conversion.
3. Responsible for analytical assessment and reporting of testing and optimization, as well as determining new analytical needs, working with Data Analytics and Performance Management team, including reporting from Adobe Test & Target, Analytics, DoubleClick and BI platforms.
4. Responsible for monitoring and managing throughput of transaction forms to troubleshoot identified issues.
5. Work through membership pod to manage development workflow and ensure the timely execution of digital marketing assets (including landing pages and join/renew forms).
6. Develop and maintain best practices guide for digital experience including messaging, creative and prospect/member flow.
Education, experience required:
▪ College degree and at least 5+ years of digital marketing experience, driving sales or conversions.
▪ Experience and knowledge of multivariate testing of landing pages, web page, preferably utilizing digital tools such as Adobe Test & Target, Optimizely, VWO, Google Experiments, etc.
▪ Proficiency with web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics, etc.
▪ Excellent project management and organizational skills and comfortable with working in a matrix management structure.
▪ Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to coalesce teams towards achieving stated goals.
▪ Experience in managing website development and content creation using a CMS tool (Content Management System). Basic or intermediate knowledge of design programs preferred.
▪ Familiarity with quantitative analysis skills including experimental designs and understanding of trending and forecasting.
▪ Good oral/written presentation skills; proficiency in preparation and presentation of proposals, analytical reports, and documents regarding programs’ operational status, achievement and performance.
▪ Demonstrated efficiency and creativity in budget and resource management.
▪ UX experience required.