*** This role may convert to permanent! ***
Our Client has an immediate need for a Sr. UX designer!
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer who will bring innovation, creativity and spunk to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past. This person is also someone who is capable of driving success even with a wide range of diverse responsibilities anywhere between bee keeping and wizard training. Ideally this person is someone who can twirl flaming batons with their eyes closed, while hopping on a pogo stick, without neglecting style. If you are this person we would love to get to know you and we can certainly assure you that your talents will never be overlooked. Be a role model for the team. The team is comprised of some junior designers and we are looking for another strong designer to come in help set a good example of process and design. We are a fun collaborative team and we are looking for another great partner.
* You will support innovation, Omni Channel, and the app - Our client is pushing heavily into these three areas this year!!
* You must have 4+ years of customer centric interface design expereince.
* You'll need experience working with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
* You are proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
We are also looking for someone with:
* Strong visual skills (looking to really elevate the look and feel of the site)
* Ability to apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
* Ability to take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
* Ability to turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
* Willing to be directly responsible for delivering User Experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes
* Ability to collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
* Facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
* Four-year degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field.
* 4+ years of interface design experience
* Seasoned in Agile development processes
* Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, Invision, & Zeplin
* Skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner
* Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
* A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
* Strong online portfolio available for viewing
* Hands-on expertise with HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and/or Flex a plus
* Graduate degree a plus
* Extremely detail-oriented and also able to see the big pictures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation ability
* Cool, calm and collected
* Easy-going and open-minded, no egoistic or authoritarian character
* Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team
* A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation
* Positive attitude and self-motivation