Our large non-profit client located in DC is seeking an Art Director for a contract assignment starting at 3 months and may extend. This is a full-time onsite position. 40 hours a week.
Experienced Art Director responsible for the design/creation and production of collateral for both publications and digital materials including familiarity with online and experience marketing. Position includes management of budgets, client interactions, time schedules and strategy. This role works with lead creative teams to optimize resources and provide internal client services under tight deadlines. Internal clients include: Education materials, Advocacy, Advertising, programmatic and online and in person experience. Must be able to work within a team and as a self-starter. MUST SUBMIT ELECTRONIC SAMPLES VIA WEB OR PDF.
• Follow designs through from concept to print/digital production.
• Have great visual conceptualization skills, a proven ability to hire and art direct the best illustrators and photographers, assist in the production of photo shoots, have exceptional publication design skills, and a true enjoyment of teamwork and collaboration.
• Demonstrates WORLD CLASS cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions.
Desired Education, Work Experience and Competencies:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in art and design and minimum of 4-6 years of experience.
• Proficient in the most current versions of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must have a strong design background and have the ability to give direction to support staffers as well as take direction from senior design staffers. This position requires excellent management and communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with art and editorial staff.