Our client in the financial services industry is looking to build out a new team of UX Designers. 6 month assignment to start
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate User Experience Designer to design web applications for bank employees. The ideal candidate loves sinking their teeth into complex problems, collaborating cross-functionally, and coming up with elegant, powerful solutions. In this role, you’ll do initial research and analysis, wireframes and prototypes, usability testing, and UX QA of builds.
• Analyze and interpret business requirements that often include complex workflows and financial data.
• Lead UX discovery, including incisive questions that make the most of limited time with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
• Create artifacts that help clarify business and user needs as well as current and future user flows (e.g., personas, scenarios, flow diagrams, sitemaps).
• Develop and document information architecture, screen concepts, functionality, and interaction design using Axure RP.
• Research and apply best practices, reuse existing patterns, and work within a visual style guide – except when it’s not the best way to meet the business and user needs. In that case, create smart, new solutions and patterns.
• Professionally present UX concepts and deliverables, advocate for the optimal user experience, and facilitate feedback sessions.
• Plan, moderate, and report on usability tests.
• Collaborate with Business Systems Analysts, who create detailed technical specifications, and with developers, who advise on technical feasibility and options.
• Support development and QA teammates during grooming, build, and testing, to answer questions, ensure the vision stays intact, and perform UX QA.
• Help your project team deliver solutions that give the business and end users as much value as possible, within technical, timeline, and regulatory constraints.
• Provide design critiques and guidance for more junior UXDs.
Skills and qualifications:
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of cross-functional teams
• Expert understanding of UX methodologies, and ability to select the right “tool” at the right time from a well-stocked “UX toolbox”
• Effective at juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable in a corporate environment
• 3+ years working on information architecture and interaction design of websites
• 2+ years leading user experience design on projects, including client/stakeholder interaction
• 1+ years using tools for interactive prototyping like Axure
o Bachelors or advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Visual Design, or similar field strongly preferred
o Experience with Axure RP – our primary tool for wireframing and prototyping
o Experience in digital agency, financial services, or large ecommerce sites preferred
o Ability to help evolve our existing visual design system
o Ability to advise on nomenclature, and draft clear and concise interface text