AQUENT is seeking an Instructional Designer for a top financial services client in West Irvine, California. Other titles for this role could be: Instructional Developer, Educational Designer, e-Learning Developer, e-Learning Designer, Training Developer, Training Designer. This role is an 8 month contract, 40 hours a week. Monday-Friday. For quick apply email your resume directly to CCaudill@aquent.com.
***MUST SIT ONSITE - CLIENT LOCATION: West Irvine, California***
As the Senior Instructional Designer, you will define curriculum learning objectives and course outline, facilitator materials, hands on activities & environments, testing & evaluation structure, and safety and human performance tools. This role will design and develop curriculum including technical, system, and financial industry content to support onboarding for an operational line of business. The successful candidate will partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to conceptualize training design, content, and delivery methodology.
Instructional Designer candidates MUST have:
- Experienced (senior) instructional designer with at least 7 years of experience
- Experience in designing large curricula spanning several weeks
- A strong working knowledge of instructional design for both instructor-led and self-guided learning
-Experience designing eLearning materials
- SharePoint experience in creating a learning portal for employee on boarding
- Microsoft Office Suites
-Rise or Storyline
- Work samples to highlight:
1) graphic design skills
2) various modes of training delivery
3) design for a large/complex curriculum. Candidates can convey what they have created to show that they have the requirements for this positions
Great to have:
- Business operations background in Graphic Design.
- Photoshop, Articulate 360 - Rise or Storyline.
- Multiple delivery modes (e-learning, infographics, job aids).
- Having developed complex multi curriculum.
Instructional Designer Responsibilities:
-Designs and develops learning curriculum using various delivery modes (eLearning, performance support tools, webinars, videos, etc.) including learning assessments and knowledge checks
- Defines curriculum learning objectives and course outline and develops/builds training content and materials
- Develop and track metrics that provide data for measuring effectiveness of curriculum
- Develops storyboards that detail instructional activities to support learning objectives
- Develops engaging learning content through Articulate 360 products (Rise, Storyline)
- Reviews deliverables at various stages for completeness, style adherence, functionality as well as sensible course/task flow
- Ensure high quality deliverables and efficient, effective solutions
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.