- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Suzy Thompson
You will be responsible for managing the charge on all aspects of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), as well as supporting DEI throughout other events. This includes audience acquisition across both internal and external organizations, communication strategy, content development, and speaker sourcing, partnering with internal teams to create tailored programming and development opportunities, and more. You will manage program deliverables from kickoff to delivery, reporting into the Experiential Programs Lead.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- +5 years of experience in events, preferably enterprise events
- Experience and/or strong passion and interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A proven track record of being an independent self-starter
- Located in the Bay Area; ability to commute to San Francisco and/or Sunnyvale 2-3 days weekly
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience working with senior level executives
- Experience helping lead the development and execution of experiences
- Experience writing, copy editing, and crafting storylines and/or story architectures
- Experience building communities in non-profit and/or underrepresented groups
- Production agency experience
- Enterprise technology experience
- Experience working with or at technology global companies with interdisciplinary teams of 10+ people
- Please provide some background and examples regarding your experience within events - types of events (consumer vs business, parties, conferences, publicity, networking, stunts, learning / educational, etc), size of events, your role and responsibilities, etc.
- Do you have / what level of experience creating and managing smaller event such as networking events or receptions?
- Yes - extensive experience
- Yes - some experience
- Limited experience
- No experience
- DEI experience
- Have you worked on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs before? Yes/No
- If yes, please describe the program and what your role within it was including core responsibilities, day to day tasks, and how the program fit into a larger program (if applicable).
- What's your level of experience and understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- Very experienced - have worked on multiple programs (professionally or personally)
- Somewhat experienced - have worked on at least one or two programs related
- Limited experience - some familiarity / exposure but haven't directly worked on it
- No experience
- Project Management
- Please provide examples of types of projects you have managed including size, duration, your role, and day to day responsibilities.
- Do you have experience working with senior executives? *
- Yes - extensive
- Minimal experience
- What is your organization style? Do you have any particular tools or approaches you take in order to keep things running smoothly?
- Please describe your experience with content / copy creation - writing for external mass email communication, session descriptions
- (ie a conference breakout session - writing a description for the event website), etc.
- Please provide an example of a project you've managed that involved multiple stakeholders, multiple competing priorities and timelines, and a lot of tracking and organizing of information.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: