Are you a Developer with a Designer's eye - or a Designer who loves to code? Then this job is for you. Our forward-thinking ‘tech start-up’ type Fortune 500 global investment firm is in need of a talented and motivated Designer/Developer to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
This role is long term freelance role is onsite in Chicago, 6 months with the opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits, FlexSpend, 5 paid sick days, 401k is provided for this freelance engagement. ‘Work-From-Home” flexibility.
What You Will Do:
- In this long-term freelance role as Designer/Developer you will design and development multiple projects with a focus on email, dynamic display ads, social and digital content, video. The creative breakdown is 50% email design and coding, digital advertising 25%, video, social, etc. 25%
- As part of the internal Creative Services Team (designers, project managers, proofreaders, copywriters) , the designer will collaborate with stakeholders in Brand, Product, Marketing, Content, Operations, Design, Legal, and produce creative collateral that are customer-centric, accurate that drives a response from our audience.
- Design and develop emails with UX/UI requirements in mind onto actual coded HTML-responsive emails ready to be deployed.
- Work to translate a fully-formed design to a fully-programmed asset, develop new user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure the technical feasibility of designs and assure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end developers
- Create designs that meets regulatory and compliance requirements while achieving our communication goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Marketing, Content, Design, Legal and Compliance) to create emails according to creative brief specs and timelines
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines, build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows etc. participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- PC and Mac Environment
What You Need:
- Clean online portfolio that demonstrates strong 'design thinking'
- Open to all industries but experience in a heavily regulated industry a plus
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication, strong attention to detail, strong organization and project management skills, and effective management of reputational risk
- Creative thinker with experience in conceptualizing ideas and successfully executing them
- Thinks holistically about content, design, code and messaging, expansive knowledge of industry trends for digital marketing content
- Proactive team player, able to synthesize multiple inputs and feedback from various stakeholders
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk.)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com