Our client a major technology and entertainment company, is seeking a Technical Writer to join their team in a contract role. This will be a 3 month contract with possibility for extension into 2020! Please make sure to upload your most recent resume to your Aquent Profile for application!
- Write and QA all of the text for the new console.
- Update the existing user-facing console documentation, to reflect all of the console changes in the docs.
- Write user-facing text for approximately 100 product error messages.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with software engineers, development managers, and program managers - and be proactive about gathering requirements from them.
The candidate will also be expected to offer suggestions on how to improve existing text, on the screen and in the documentation.
- Experience designing and delivering documentation for software developers.
- Experience working directly with development teams.
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems.
- Previous experience working with database products, especially SQL solutions (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server).
- Experience with web services and related technologies.