This is a Permanent, Direct Hire role with a leading real estate development company in Westwood. On-site work is required for this role.
Sr. Production Artist.
JOB SUMMARY: The (Sr.) Production Artist has a working understanding of layout, type and color and is able to take instructions from marketing leadership to create or revise a complete layout, working proficiently with various design software packages. The (Sr). Production Artist works with various external vendors to ensure advertising, marketing collateral, and digital projects are completed accurately, efficiently, and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Create or Revise Materials
- Produce layouts under tight deadlines for advertising, marketing collateral, and digital projects.
- Enhance new print and digital ads and prepare files for print and digital applications.
- Make changes to existing forms incorporating product information changes.
- Create proofs and print dummies and prepare files for delivery to publications and vendors.
- Provide enhancements to mechanical spreads including multiple page brochures.
- Create signage, tradeshow materials and billboards. 45%
- Prioritize and oversee production jobs to ensure deadlines are met, and within or under budget. 25%
Coordinate and oversee projects that production artists are working on.
- Point of contact for production inquiries
- Review and approve vendor proofs.
- Verify that creative templates are mechanically correct based on publication and/or vendor specifications.
- Consult with vendors about file types and sizes, and font issues. 20%
- Build HTML files for basic online content creation, including emails and digital banners. 5%
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related discipline required
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of professional production design and/or web design experience as an employee, freelancer or at an agency
- Extensive experience in a variety of design/development software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator Acrobat and Acrobat Distiller, in a MAC environment OR Extensive experience in Adobe’s core Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign) applications on the PC platform
- Proven working knowledge of html and the web
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Overall excellent problem solver, with the ability to create unique solutions.
- A self-starter with an extreme eye for detail, who can take a project from start to end with little supervision.
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other’s ideas, and a willingness to cooperate.
- Ability to connect with people, and develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer’s perspective.
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate succinctly and persuasively.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Work 8-hour days with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
- Position is on-site in Westwood, Los Angeles