Seeking a user experience researcher to help our UX team, product owners, and the organization focus on the user. In this role, you will lead research activities that help explore user behaviors and motivations, ultimately improving products for our members, providers, brokers, and employers. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, utilizing methods such as field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. You will create understanding and empathy around user needs for our product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
Your research will help us create useful, usable, and impactful new products and features for our customers and will support continuous innovation on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual reports on your findings.
· Lead independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences from development of learning plan to collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
· Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
· Screen, consent, and schedule research participants for in-person and virtual usability testing.
· Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing, usability testing, etc).
· Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers to identify and prioritize research tasks.
· Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
· BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
· 2-4 years of work experience.
· Especially strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
· Basic understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
· Work in research setting with some experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com or similar).
· MA/MS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields.
· Experience building research participant pools.
· Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
· Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
· Experience with internet search, advertising, and curation. Love of mobile, apps or development environments.
Education Requirement: Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Engineering Psychology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.