Event and Trade Show Planner
Client is seeking an Events & Tradeshow Planner. This is a highly visible role that will support strategy and help set best practices for our event and trade show program to include trade shows, conferences, meetings and more. In this position, the successful candidate will collaborate with key contacts to provide planning and coordination for a wide variety of external and internal audiences. You will work collaboratively with business units to confirm strategy, goals, and measure success. You will be required to bring energy, creativity and new ideas to build a successful Texas Instruments experience. If you have a track record of strategic planning and organizing both tradeshows and corporate events, and are ready to take the next step in your career, then join us!
The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident, experienced, take-charge individual with ability to manage relationships, vendors, logistics, financial and administrative tasks. The ability to travel (30-40%) is required and the candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed during heavy planning periods.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members and vendors to execute participation in tradeshows, meetings, and events
•Travel to tradeshow event locations and lead booth install, de-install, and on-site booth management
•Manage communications, researching, planning, and execution for tradeshows and corporate events; manage pre- and post-tradeshow communications to ensure integrated approach in communications techniques
•Manage accurate budgeting and planning reports for trade shows and events
•Manage payments and purchase requisitions for all tradeshows
•Lead assigned trade show planning meetings and provide strategic oversight for each trade show, aligning event marketing to company strategy
•Manage all event logistics including venue selection, space configuration, booth production, production schedule, invitations, agenda, Food and Beverage, A/V/Production, and marketing materials
•Create and maintain event planning documents and presentations, to include production schedules and timelines
•Coordinate and act as primary interface with vendors related to assigned trade shows and events, including tradeshow booth design companies, hotels, caterers, A/V vendors, and shipping POCs
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
•Monitor competitors and industry for trends and shifts in market
•Assist with logistics on product launches and other promotional activities in conjunction with the assigned tradeshow program.
• Create registration sites using web based registration tools
•Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, and manage timeline to meet tight deadlines
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Bachelor’s degree required; CMP is a bonus.
• Prior experience in complex tradeshow and event coordination
• Ability to analyze the entire planning process and execute preventative measures to ensure requirements are achieved
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
• Client focused, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once with excellent organization skills and little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
• Proficient using the web to conduct research, as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.