Seeking a Digital Product Manager for a major healthcare company in Oakland. Manager will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the software product lifecycle including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure financial, membership and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Ensures product pipeline supports the company’s overall strategy and goals by improving product development capability and reducing development cycle time and costs.
• Collects information on competitive landscape trends; monitors legislative changes impacting current or potential healthcare products.
• Partners with actuaries and finance to obtain/analyze relevant pricing and costing factors for new or modified products.
• Assist in building financial models to determine price / cost points and return on investment (ROI).
• Participates as team member and eventually a supervisor on cross-functional teams focused on product development. Prepares schedules, creates materials, and maintains historical project documentation.
• Analyzes current plans and financial factors to determine extent of customization needed to improve customer satisfaction.
• Participates in product build and launch teams to implement new or revised digital products.
• Requires a BA/BS or MS in Business, Finance, Economics, Healthcare or Public Health.
• Moderate quantitative analysis and model skills.
- Ability to interpret data sets and forecast future revenue streams.
- Knowledge of digital product management frameworks and strategic planning and roadmapping concepts.
- Able to use advanced features of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Working knowledge of the company’s healthcare products, functions and regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to serve as member on cross-functional implementation or project teams.
- Ability to supervise and mentor other product development associates, working towards results.
• Generally, requires a minimum of five years of relevant product management experience in healthcare or related industry (Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted)