Aquent's Fortune 500 client in Costa Mesa, is looking for a Footwear Designer!!
By joining the our family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Footwear Designer C – Color & Trend: Become the Newest Member of the our Family
As the Footwear Designer C for Color & Trend, you will oversee the themes, color, material and graphic direction for the given category. You will demonstrate your visionary ability to keep the brand moving forward by working with both Business Merchandisers and Product Designers, and provide global inspiration, direction and designs each season. Your communication skills, passion, experience, and design knowledge will support and leverage the company's continual quest to innovate and elevate our Footwear.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• You will travel the market to conduct market research, allowing you to build inspiration boards that set overall category design direction.
• In this position, you will play a critical role in promoting cross functional work and maintaining strong working relationships with footwear Developers, Merchandisers and Product Designers.
• You will be responsible for ensuring product success and category business strategy; which includes interpreting international/domestic concepts and trends as it relates to the market demands and company image.
• You will be responsible for knowledge of material cost, components and ability to design into margin targets.
• This role will contribute to and manage forward thinking collaborations.
• You will have the responsibility for presenting your design assets for design reviews.
• Responsibilities also include adhering to all calendar dates.
Skills for Success:
1-2 Years Experience Required
• A degree in design or related field and a minimum of 0-2 years experience in the Footwear color, graphic, material design and creative direction field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Experience working in the Skate, Surf and Snow industry
*Benefits available 1st of the month after 30 days of work; paid weekly!