Aquent is looking for a Creative Design Manager for our Fortune 500 Financial client in NYC. This is a full time, onsite, ongoing assignment with full benefits - medical, dental, 401K. This team provides in-house agency-style creative support for hundreds of projects and pieces each year. The department's mission is to produce distinctive work that visually and linguistically communicates the company's broad range of products and services.
Responsibilities include overseeing and managing the creative department locally; evaluating, interviewing and onboarding new team members; monitoring staff and team creative output and helping to promote an environment conducive to enabling creative teams to work to the best of their ability. The Creative Lead is also responsible for equitably assigning projects to the teams that he or she oversees and working with operations team to ensure consistent creative quality. The Creative Lead also must be a craft expert, must know how to identify breakthrough creative work, and inspire it in others either by demonstrating it, coaching it or sourcing examples of it. MUST have a background and understanding of ADA COMPLIANCE.
Functional Responsibilities include:
• Owns and supervises individual creative projects.
• Learns and becomes an expert about the strategy and market dynamics of the Lines of Business you work on.
• Extends the brand purpose and assure adherence to brand guidelines through all business units and at all customer touchpoints.
• Understands and can articulate Brand DNA basic tenets, including voice, as well as design guidelines.
• Promotes, protects and encourages good UX/UI principles and has a responsive design mentality.
• Work closely with ops and editorial to meet established SLAs and deadlines.
• Advises client on all technical visual recommendations and copy issues as needed.
• Participate and occasionally lead brainstorming, strategy input and creative meetings.
• Provide detailed direction to junior creative personnel and assist in the development and advancement of their skills, whether copywriting or art direction.
• Effectively manage or execute multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions and using negotiating skills to maintain the integrity of the idea.
• Possess the patience and negotiating skills to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
• Have the respect of junior personnel and the mentoring skills to effectively oversee their work and the willingness to take the initiative to do so.
• Minimum of 10-15 years relevant experience in project management.
Financial services experience is a strong plus.
• Expertise in Creative Suite, digital and mobile functionality and software
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment
• Exceptional verbal and communication skills
• Ability to manage a large workload