Aquent is looking for a Lead Designer with (strong ADA compliance knowledge) for our Fortune 500 Financial client in NYC. This team provides in-house agency-style creative support for hundreds of projects and pieces each year. The department's mission is to produce distinctive work that visually and linguistically communicates the company's broad range of products and services.
Opportunity: This is a W2, ongoing assignment, full time hours, onsite in Hudson Yards, with full benefits - medical, dental, 401K; with strong potential to convert to a full time role.
Responsibilities include include design (digital and print, art direction and serving as design and ADA compliance SME The successful candidate will be a craft expert, will know how to identify breakthrough creative work, and inspire it in others either by demonstrating it, coaching it or sourcing examples of it.
MUST have a background and understanding of ADA COMPLIANCE process (for web and print).
Functional Responsibilities include:
• Owns and supervises individual creative projects.
• Learns and becomes an expert about the strategy and market dynamics of the Lines of Business you work on.
• Extends the brand purpose and assure adherence to brand guidelines through all business units and at all customer touchpoints.
• Understands and can articulate Brand DNA basic tenets, including voice, as well as design guidelines.
• Promotes, protects and encourages good user thinking design principles and has a responsive design mentality.
• Advises client on all technical visual recommendations and copy issues as needed.
• Participate and occasionally lead brainstorming, strategy input and creative meetings.
• Provide detailed direction to junior creative personnel and assist in the development and advancement of their skills, whether copywriting or art direction.
• Effectively manage or execute multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions and using negotiating skills to maintain the integrity of the idea.
• Possess the negotiating skills to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience for digital and print design
• Strong knowledge of ADA compliance for print and web design is a must
• Financial services experience is a strong plus.
• Expertise in Creative Suite, digital and mobile functionality and software
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment
• Exceptional verbal and communication skills