Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family!
As the eCommerce Site Merchandiser, you will drive a best-in-class customer experience that increases
sales and customer satisfaction. You will have the great responsibility for providing an innovative and
thoughtful guest experience so customers can easily find and buy products through onsite
merchandising, content development/curating, web data analysis, and search/browse optimization.
Additionally, you will lead the charge for site optimization by leveraging testing opportunities and
ensuring content is presented with an elevated, relevant look and feel. You have an entrepreneurial
spirit, and thrive in fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Applies strategies that focus on key conversion drivers, optimal site presentation, maximizing
guest engagement and shopping experience and drives multichannel efforts.
2. Measures KPIs and provides performance analysis and merchandising strategy and tactics of the
products within their subcategory to meet business objectives.
3. Effectively build customer experiences through rich content and navigation across the Vans.com
4. Analyze performance of site content and develop strategies for enhancements.
5. Drive site improvements to completion by managing projects with web developers, buyers,
designers, and other merchandisers.
6. Work with marketing and buying partners to ensure the site appropriately communicates key
messages, aligns with campaign creative and highlights seasonally relevant merchandise.
7. Gathers and analyzes relevant guest and merchandising data and generates reporting to share
out with business partners.
8. Contributes to overall success of the business by maximizing traffic and conversion.
9. Conducts competitive research to understand competitor trends and provide recommendations
based on findings.
Skills for Success:
Educational/ Position Requirements:
3 – 5 years ecommerce experience
Advanced excel skills
A keen eye for design and strong interest in translating our brand aesthetic through product
Working knowledge of the Vans customer and competitive set
Demonstrated knowledge of web functionality and proficiency in web analytic tools such as GA
Excellent analytical skills with experience using data to measure performance, determine
improvements and innovations and to make decisions to implement
Creative thinking with the ability to conceptualize and implement ideas that will drive business
Able to work actively with immediate team and cross-functional partners to solve problems
Decisive with the ability to listen to differing points of view and determine an appropriate
solution to drive the best customer experience
Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines while delivering
Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% amount of time.
Lifting and/or bending 5+ pounds of weight.