- Mountain View, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
As the Social Media and Content Manager, you will be responsible for driving community and social engagement for the global developer ecosystem. You will ensure that feedback from our community flows back to our team, so that we can constantly evolve based on their needs. You will collaborate cross-functionally across Marketing, PR, Legal & Engineering partners to develop messaging and brand narrative that helps build the brand and inspire developers to get the most out of the company's technology and expertise. Your role is to guide social engagement to develop content, standards, and track the success of projects across the team.
- Work with the marketing teams to consolidate content and collection into content calendars and processes
- Ensure social media content projects are prioritized in line with key metrics and goals
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video and HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set-up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Work closely with other social media and content owners across the company, product, and marketing teams to implement a content sharing plan
Top 3 Responsibilities:
- Distributing content on social media platforms
- Developing content for social media
- Content distribution and interacting with stakeholders
- Proven experience (1+ years) executing social media and content plans
- Experience with managing social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Familiarity with social channel management and/or CRM and marketing management tools and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicate clearly and effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses, leadership, and teams
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to influence people and get results without having direct authority
- Ability to balance a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent practical experience in Communications, PR, Marketing, Advertising, or Business.
- Experience with SQL and/or any data reporting and dashboard visualization tools (Data Studio, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity with developer and/or technology product priorities and industry trends
- Experience with managing advertising and promotion strategy across social channels
- Demonstrate ability to learn new management tools and systems, such as project management and engagement metric reporting
- Experience in project management for complex and fast moving projects with many stakeholders
- Experience working in a community management role, developer relations, evangelism, and/or membership recruitment
- Do you have any prior social media management experience? *
- What type of work environment do you have experience working in?
- Large company/Startup and/or small company/Non-profit/No corporate and/or professional experience
- Do you have any experience working with a develop and/or technical audience?
- What type of "marketing or communication" function and responsibilities do you have prior experience in?
- Do you have any experience working in the technology industry? If so, please list specific examples and/or roles.
- Do you have any data analysis or reporting experience? If so, please list what tools and in what role.
- Do you have any experience with creative content creation and/or management? Examples include campaign videos, advertising, copy, images, design, etc.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: