One of our valued clients in the oil/gas industry is seeking an Administrative Assistant for a 3+ months temporary with the potential to extend into a longer assignment or possibly to go permanent.
*Note: Client is seeking candidates with experience supporting Sr. Management/Executives.
The Administrative Assistant role provides daily business support to the General Manager Branded Marketing and the entire Brand organization. This position is accountable for office management, administrative systems, processes, procedures, and providing these services in a way that enables an effective and efficient work environment.
Responsibilities may include:
• Managing calendar for the General Manager Branded Marketing
• Providing general administrative support to General Manager Branded Marketing and respective organization
• Providing office management for General Manager Branded Marketing and organizations including -, scheduling meetings, subscriptions/publications, and general communications
• Managing Outlook public folders and mail groups, shared drives and central files for Brand Marketing. Assisting with building and updating of shared team files and uploading to shared drives
• On-site and offsite meeting planning and scheduling for Brand Marketing and meeting support for other U.S. Marketing departments including; coordinating calendars with outside agency/vendor partners for in-person meetings and conference calls, securing conference room or offsite location, pre-registering visitor attendants, procuring audio/visual aids and supplies, greeting/escorting outside visitors and providing food and beverages upon request.
• Providing off-site meeting travel assistance such as booking travel for meeting attendants or creating an example travel itinerary and communicating it to all meeting participants. Assisting with post-trip expense report processing for General Manager Brand Marketing
• Providing support to Marketing employees for outside mailings and package distribution which may include printing of UPS mailing labels and coordinating pick-up with Mail Services
• Developing, maintaining and continuously improving administrative systems, processes and procedures through administrative sharepoint site
• Organizing various staff lunches, team building activities, town halls, workshops and other events
• Assists and trains employees with set up and use of SAP
• Ordering office, breakroom, and mailing supplies as needed
• Keeping conference rooms tidy, supplied and in good working order
• Keeping printers/copier in working order and supplied with paper and tone
• Other special projects as requested, i.e. photocopying, binder preparation, faxing, etc.
• Help provide back-up support to fellow admin assistants in the department when out on vacation, etc.
• Act as a floor warden for the U.S. Marketing department; attend monthly meetings, assist personnel with safety procedures during emergencies and drills
• System administrator for HSE Impact reporting system – input initial details of U.S. Marketing safety incidents into the Impact system
• Move coordinator for Marketing Services – responsible for setting up new hires and transfers with equipment/supplies, desk location and initial onboarding
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• High school diploma or GED
• 5+ years of experience in an administrative assistant role
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player; approachable and friendly demeanor; ability to work with all levels in the organization
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and meetings simultaneously
• Uses good judgment when prioritizing work assignments
• Dependable with high quality standards and productivity
• Desire to take on additional projects or responsibilities in addition to daily administrative functions
• Anticipates barriers and provides alternative solutions
• Work independently with minimal supervision to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks, projects and meetings simultaneously
• Proactively looks for ways to streamline processes and improve efficiency; demonstrates desire to improve operations of group