- Job Terms:
- $26/hr - $29/hr
- Posted By:
- Kate Kobielsky
*** Our client has a customization platform that enables the consumer to create and personalize their own designs. Their team is focused on providing a premium customization experience that encourages co-creation digitally. ***
- As our Footwear Materials Designer I, you’ll elevate this experience by driving material innovation excellence through the connection of design, development, and manufacturing.
- You’ll leverage materials to deliver a premium, recognizable, and consumer relevant brand point of view in the marketplace through storytelling, editing, and curation.
- You’ll support the development of the materials creative vision with an emphasis on materials optimization.
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Art or a related field with 3-5 years' relevant experience or an Associate's of Art degree from an accredited art school with 4 years' experience in a design environment working with materials, textiles and/or color trends
• Strong knowledge of sneaker culture and a strong consumer connection with sneaker customization, DIY, and maker culture
• Minimum 2 years' experience in Design-related roles, with preference for color, materials and trend
• Creative problem solver with proven ability to concept, iterate and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary design team
• Experience in branding with proven ability to incorporate marketing principles in design
• Passion for researching consumer and cultural insights
• Exceptional Presentation Skills; Visual Communication; Information Seeker
• Business and organizational skills
• Experience in participating in multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.