Working with this UXR team, you will have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed smartphone AR products. As a UX Research Associate on our team, you’ll work closely with other researchers, but also interact with design, product management, and engineering teammates. Your main focus will be working with a UXR lead to execute on an important and interesting survey - other work will be more usability-oriented. You should have a passion for and expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion related topics. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work independently.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Program and test surveys in Qualtrics
- Plan for intensive survey participant recruitment, including organizing incentives. (Recruitment may need to be in person, so ability/willingness to approach people without knowing them is needed.)
- Clean, organize, and analyze quantitative data. And Code qualitative open ends, and develop and iterate on code frames.
- Prepare user research materials for studies (especially usability)
- Plan, observe, and moderate usability testing sessions and interviews
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize existing research reports
- Communicate findings from studies to the research lead
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. in Sociology, Psychology, Ethnic Studies, Statistics, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or, in lieu of a degree, related work experience. with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Passion for and expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion related topics. - Experience with all phases of survey research, (bonus points for tracking related experience.)
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience; knowledge of statistics and experimental design is preferred
- Experience with G Suite products (sheets, gmail, drive) and Qualtrics (Must Have)
- Usability testing experience preferred, excellent observation and note taking skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks. Can prioritize time between multiple projects and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- This position is primarily based in an office in Mountain View, CA.
- The position is a 6 month contract role, which might be extended to 1 year or more depending on performance/need.
- What is your experience with Qualtrics? Please describe some of the more complex activities you have tried on the platform.
- Please describe your approach toward coding qualitative open ends, your thoughts about developing code frames, and any thoughts about quantifying qualitative feedback.
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?