- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Rachel Korzenny
This program is the UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase. We are developing new tools and educational materials to help developers move fast and deliver highly polished, digital experiences to their customers.
- Builds prototypes, tools, and frameworks to aid design process
- Works closely with researchers to answer product questions
- May also contribute product designs
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Turning high-level UX ideas into interactive prototypes at various levels of fidelity.
2. Support UX research studies through constructing simulated development workflows.
3. Help the product team explore a wide range of possible developer tooling and documentation UX through creating compelling demos.
- Solid academic or practical background in human-computer interaction or related field.
Total Years of Experience in What Industry, Discipline, or Responsibility:
- 2 years of professional experience as a front-end engineer, prototyper, or similar combination of interaction design and programming.
Skills or Processes Candidates Must Have to be Considered for Role:
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
Specific Tools or Applications Experience:
- Experience with commonly used design and prototyping tools.
- Experience designing and implementing complex UIs related to content creation and/or learning.
- Experience working with UX researchers.
- Experience with Flutter.
- Experience working on the UX of developer tools.
- What prototyping tools do you have experience with? How proficient are you in each of those?
- Please link to your online portfolio of your design/prototyping work. You may also include a link to your GitHub profile. *
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: