This role requires strong health care and marketing acumen, experience in business/marketing analysis and intelligence, an innovative and entrepreneurial mind, and strong thought partnership. The creation and execution of effective strategies is highly dependent on a strong foundation of descriptive and diagnostic analytics that tell the story of the current consumer experience and the possible necessary steps to meet the ideal experience required to fulfill the Company brand promise.
About the Department: Engagement Marketing and Data Analytics department that provides a deeper understanding of consumers and members. This group leads member strategies that more effectively engage and retain members. To assist developing and implementing personalized, consumer-centric experiences, we are seeking a Consultant, Member Strategy Intelligence. This position will focus on leveraging consumer analytics in order to develop insights for member engagement strategies, highly effective communication campaigns, member journeys, and programs to improve customer engagement, retention, and health outcomes.
Experience in consumer marketing intelligence or business analysis required
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and will possess several years (ideally 3 - 5+ years) of marketing/business intelligence and analysis and analytically-driven consumer marketing environments, or industry experience in building consumer profiles and leveraging data to drive customer insights in Healthcare or such consumer-focused industries as Hospitality, Travel, Telecom, or Financial Services. In addition, the following qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
Base Experience/Role Essentials
- Master deep understanding of member cohorts to build a relevant consumer experience while maximizing results.
- Experience in basic data manipulation to compare, crosstab, and benchmark to find baseline metrics.
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel and Excel functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, IF functions, Formulas, Subtotal functions, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Strong experience with querying large data sets from data warehouses using SQL language or reporting tools, such as Oracle Discoverer
- Strong experience and ability to do basic data retrieval, manipulation/cleaning, and descriptive statistics in SAS. Base SAS Programming Certification desired
- Experience in BI tool development, data visualization, and storytelling (Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Expert-level knowledge in marketing intelligence and analytical tools (Adobe analytics, IBM Core Metrics, etc)
- Strong, demonstrated skills measuring marketing campaigns and developing insights from analysis, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to identify financial drivers, create financial models and business cases, define and communicate cost and benefit/ROI analyses and other assessments of performance to inform go/no-go decisions
- Strong, demonstrated strategic, analytical thinking and consulting skills; organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business, marketing strategy, lead generation, and digital marketing
- Enthusiasm and motivation essential; Ability to think proactively and creatively; A confident change-agent; Strong selling and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to lead and influence business colleagues
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment, drive decision making, navigate the organization, and build strong relationships
- Ability to lead, influence, and collaborate in a cross-functional environment including to senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, keep them moving and bring to successful fruition
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; strong inter-personal skills; able to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Familiar with ground-level development/start-ups; Has experience in building as she/he goes and quickly course correct, if necessary
- 3-5 years of Marketing/business analysis experience with a demonstrated ability of managing and prioritize a diverse set of projects
- You will report to the Senior Member Strategy Consultant. This area is under the leadership of the Director of Member Engagement Marketing and the office of the Chief Consumer Officer.
The Engagement Marketing and Data Analytics Center of Excellence provides the business with a deeper understanding of the Company's consumers and members. The Consultant, Member Strategy Intelligence will analyze and communicate consumer insights so that the Member Strategy lead will be able to develop highly targeted plans for improving engagement, member-centricity and business performance.
Member Strategy Intelligence
Develop a working knowledge of the company, its products, the healthcare industry, and the regulatory agencies that govern us in order to support the development of strategies.
Perform foundational business/marketing analysis and intelligence, both descriptive and diagnostic, for member strategy teams, including member snapshot profiling, historical longitudinal views, and member/campaign reporting.
Develop insights that are accessible and enable strategy development
Build standardized member strategy reporting, annual and quarterly
Collaborate with the Advanced Analytics partners to plan and execute any work involving predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Assist in the development of enhancements to behavioral segmentations, micro-segmentations, lifetime value analysis; consumer needs research, and other existing insights tools, working in tandem with peers in the analytics and research teams.
Participate in the cross-functional, collaborative eco-system between key business partners, including member strategy teams, marketers, and business owners, in order to develop consumer-centric strategies that drive value to the member and the business.
Serve as the “Voice of the Cohort Lead/Business” in interfacing between the Cohort Lead and the Analytics and BI Tool development functions, translating analytical language into business language.
Continue to develop and organize foundational BI tool enhancements and data visualizations, including dashboards and other reporting tools and infrastructure to monitor and attain key strategic segmentation targets, enabling the optimization of strategic initiatives that engage and retain members.
Cohort Management + Solution Development
Participate in the build and implementation of marketing strategies
Leverage analytical insights to inform/design cohort specific experiences and learning agendas
Implement transformative pilots and prototypes
Asset + Knowledge Management + Enterprise Adoption
Curate and maintain tools that enable Member Strategy and business partners, including website, training materials, snapshots, strategy plans, etc
Collect, summarize, and synthesize insights and learnings from various initiatives across the Enterprise into our tools
Create leadership/executive presentations that communicate opportunities and progress.
Establish best practices and foster best-practice sharing for foundational descriptive and diagnostic analytics, data storytelling, and BI tool development
Promote the expanded adoption of segmentation and consumer-centric strategies to internal customers.