Seeking a Senior Corporate Event planner for a temporary role with our large global financial client. This role will sit on-site in Los Angeles, CA and will run through mid October 2019 - mid May 2020. There is some potential to extend beyond that timeframe.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will create and execute client event activities from concept through execution and evaluation. The planner will play a key role in the event strategy for the market bringing creative ideas, suggested venues and proposed content to the market with considerable thought to strategic execution. The planner interacts with colleagues on the global events team and the larger marketing group, bankers and product partners, and senior management to ensure a consistent and distinctive experience for clients, with the business strategies in mind. The successful candidate will bring strong communication skills and accuracy.
This role is full time hours (W2 hrly), may require OT (paid at OT rates in CA) and some travel.
Event Planning responsibilities include:
- Understanding business objectives and developing an event strategy that supports business goals
- Creating high-touch events consistent with corporate brand standards
- Event management from start to finish including maintaining event calendar and budgets, negotiation with vendors, invoice processing and production of event materials
- Strong emphasis on data management, including RSVP tracking pre and post event and ROI analysis
- Thinking strategically with the ability to problem solve and offer creative solutions
- Liaising with other company lines of business, in order to leverage and consolidate ideas, shared resources and cross sell event opportunities
- Participating in weekly regional team meetings, budget calls, and multiple banker meetings providing event updates
- 10-12 years prior experience in event management related activities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to liaise with senior leadership
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to be work late hours as needed and travel
- Well versed in LA area venues and ability to keep a finger on the pulse of what is new in the area
- Prior experience in financial services a plus (but not required)