Seeking a Senior level Experience Designer to join a major healthcare client for a contract role through the end of the year (with the high possiblity of extension into 2020). This role is a great opportunity to gain big name healthcare experience to build your resume and portfolio.
• Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systemic thinking, and interaction design principles
• Create digital interactions across a range of challenges
• Distill complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the responsive web, and mobile app and conversational agents including voice
• Communicate your design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes and prototypes
• Construct interaction models, customer flows, ecosystem diagrams and taxonomy for products and services
• Work within an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback for interdisciplinary teams and customers
• Test your prototypes and designs with real users in the field working with researchers
• Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries for digital (think google material design)
• 7+ years of visual and user-centered design expertise
• Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
• Be both a visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
• Familiarity with Jobs to be done methodology
• Ability to rapidly iterate, delivering wireframes, mocks, and prototypes which approximate the customer experience
• Expertise in design and systemic thinking and strong knowledge of interaction design principles and methodology
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Miro and UX Pin, with an ability and openness to come up to speed with new emerging technologies quickly
• Expertise in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability evaluations Interactive prototyping skills
• Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
• Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
• Ability to influence senior leaders, peers, and diverse teams consisting of a multitude of perspectives
• Encourage creativity and risk-taking
• Experience working with stakeholders to uncover functional, non-functional, data, usability and user experience requirements
• Maturity required to set ego aside and seek-out design suggestions from all stakeholders
• Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
• Focused on team success rather than individual success
• Have a strong professional presence, be approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful, challenging situations
• Be flexible – able to change course when needed
• Have self-awareness, be comfortable receiving feedback, and work to continually improve
• Make complex things simple, even when in white space and confronted with unclear situations
• Possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis) is highly desirable.
• Experience designing and building solutions for HealthCare is a plus.
• Visual design skills a big plus.