This Design Studio at a large tech org seeks an User Experience Researcher Assistant to assist with conducting iterative and evaluativing customer research in the complex product domain of Cloud Technology and Developer Tools. You will work closely with UX Design, Research and Program Management to understand the specialized needs of the Developer and IT Professional audience, and evaluate how the product designs are meeting them.
In this role you will help to conduct smaller studies/research, but with the oversight of a senior researcher on the team.
• Drive user research activities to inform product design, including but not limited to: lab usability studies and scorecard studies.
• Deliver actionable research findings to your counterparts on time and with quality
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around your research and how it informs design
• Understand how our current and future releases are shaped by complex cloud computing infrastructures and enterprise business requirements
• Document and present recommendations based on research and analysis
• Work with the supervising Usability Engineer or Manager in identifying and addressing critical usability issues
• 0-2 years of industry experience conducting user research and effectively partnering with development teams to improve the user experience based on research results.
• High level of experience using varied user research techniques at various stages of the development process (e.g., lab usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, field research/ethnographic techniques).
• Creating usability test plans and running large and small tests
• Accurate measurement and precise reporting of usability data
• Strong knowledge of and experience with scorecard research methods.
• Excellent collaboration skills, and experience teaming with designers to help prepare designs for testing. As well as turning usability findings into actionable recommendations with the help of designs, post-study.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze research data, create results presentations, and deliver them to design and product teams.
• Strong skills using Excel to perform basic analyses
• Ability to condense complex ideas into succinct thoughts and impactful storytelling.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or a related field
• Ability to get up to speed with a new area quickly
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with remote testing methods and tools
Nice Qualifications, But Not Required
• Previous Research experience with cloud services, infrastructure as a service, and platform as a service
• Previous Research experience with Developer and IT users, systems, and services
• Experience with Morae usability testing software
• Experience using Power BI for data visualization
• Experience with Android and iOS mobile experiences
• Previous work experience at a large tech org