Our Global Entertainment Brand Client is looking for a digital illustrator to define, design and develop a distinctive illustration style for their website. In addition, the illustrator will be included in larger organizational responsibilities for illustration and icon efforts that span across the Client's brands. This position is based in Glendale CA and will run through April 2020 with possibility to extend.
• Work with Creative Director and broader Design Team Leads to execute on visual illustrations, key art, and icons.
• Collaborate with designers, product/project managers, and other stakeholders for feedback.
• Establish and communicate consistent visuals and standards across the brand.
• Understanding of variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods
• Final work will be delivered to the technical needs required, on time and on budget
• Must have capability to own and drive projects.
• Advanced vector illustration skills to showcase brand, and design schematics
• Advanced experience in iconography design, development and delivery - monoline, color, weight and scale.
• Strong fundamental design skills, including knowledge of typography, composition, and color.
• Expertise creating a variety of visual design documents including mood boards, concepts, sketches and visual style guidelines
• Knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
• Must be familiar with industry standards and trends.
• Portfolio review required.
• 5 plus years work related experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a lead role.
• Standard design software tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required.
• Knowledge of production requirements and delivery of icon libraries - icon web fonts, svg
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• Design system development (typography, color, imagery, etc.)
• Brand guidelines development (logos, style guides, implementation)
• Brand strategy development
• Logo creation spanning multiple platform requirements - print, digital, animation, etc.
• Illustration and/or Icon animation