This Major Entertainment Network pushing out some of the biggest shows of 2018 and 2019, are hiring like CRAZY! They're looking for designers and developers of all kinds and we're excited to partner with them on this unique opportunity for a Technical Artist in their R&D for interactive and immersive experiences. This means AR, VR, XR and other trending and emerging technologies. They're seeking someone with 8-10+ years of experience in Technical Artistry with a deep specialty focus in such areas as character creation, simulations, VFX, procedural environment generation, and more!
Working closely with the Directors of Art, Engineering & R&D, you will be responsible for researching, developing and employing a range of innovative Tech Art techniques across both our internal R&D efforts and our ongoing external 3rd-party products.
- Craft new methods of delivering first-in-class visual quality that are optimized and performant across a number of existing and emerging platforms, including XR, all in the context of mature, immersive stories
- Research / analyze / critique the bleeding-edge state of the art in tools, techniques and companies representing the pinnacle of real-time interactive experiences, sharing those learnings with the team and bringing them in to our prototypes and demos, sharing our learnings with the greater industry
- Develop innovative tech art pipelines, tools, and strategies to prototype characters, worlds effects, etc. that respond dynamically to player input, sharing our learnings with the greater industry
- Adapt to and thrive in the midst of dynamic and pioneering missions, bringing an agile, future-reaching incubation/ R&D mindset
- Expert-level knowledge of current game engines, such as Unreal, Unity, CryEngine, et al. and modern software development processes, from pre-production to maintenance
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and technical problem-solving confidence across multiple domains of art and visual fidelity
- 8+ years of work with creative software product development over 4+ product releases
- 3+ years in a senior capacity within Technical Art specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital art, digital content-creation tools workflows and pipelines, graphics-centric software engineering or a closely related field
- In addition to a breadth of generalist skills, a deep specialty focus in such areas as character creation, simulations, VFX, procedural environment generation, and more.
- Demonstrated ability to balance technical efficiencies and performance constraints with the authors’ artistic and narrative intent – all to deliver top-of-class results
- Hands-on experience on AAA+ quality games or equivalent, including VR and AR products
- Proficient with professional 3D software for content production across multiple disciplines, intimate familiarity with all aspects of art asset pipeline and tools
- Coding, workflow tool and script authoring experience that reduces the cost of in-house or outsourced content production and pushes creative iteration. Python /MEL/Photoshop/ Pipeline Tools, Shaders (HLSL) etc.), and LUA. C++ is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate external studios/vendors/partners for their technical and artistic capabilities
- Passion for visual quality in real-time experience/game development