We are looking for a Technical Copy Editor to support our client's internal helpn and support team. You will work on enterprise product content.
• Copy edit and proofread content topics.
• Correct for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Edit for adherence to the client style guide.
• Ensure that text elements are formatted correctly.
• Ensure that documentation complies with Microsoft legal standards, such as use of fictitious names, product names, and trademarking.
• Ensure that abbreviations and acronyms are spelled out on first mention, if appropriate, as per style guides.
• Ensure that content meets minimum publishing criteria
• 3-5 years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
• Outstanding editing skills, including excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and style
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, and work independently
• Strong customer focus, including diplomatically communicating feedback
• Preference for collaboration and teamwork
• Aptitude for identifying patterns
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to learn new tools quickly
• Functional knowledge and experience creating content in GitHub
Primary shift (PST)
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Looking for afternoon & evening availability