Awesome Instructional Designer Opportunity
The Instructional Designer is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning experiences to support overall store curriculum. This includes working collaboratively with SMEs and Development production teams to create learning content using adult learning principles and should incorporate mixed media and sound instructional design/development methodologies.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of creative instructional design skills and technical knowledge and is passionate about building best in class learning, implementing new technologies, in a fast-paced and
constantly changing environment.
You will also:
• Design and develop blended learning curriculums, job aids, assessment tools, and facilitator guides that incorporate adult learning principles resulting in personalized and relevant content, knowledge retention, and applied skills that support the client experience
• Conduct analysis to determine learning and performance objectives and scalable instructional strategies and
• Communication with SMEs and cross-functional teams to define deliverables, project framework, milestones, and content is clear and understandable to the entire production team and partners.
• Coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of training development including storyboarding, building and revising training based on SME input.
• Establish and maintain relationships with cross functional partners, identify SME needs, and streamline multiple content sources for cohesive storytelling and optimal learner retention.
• Conduct tests to assess effectiveness of training solution
• Ensure training content adheres to overall Education and Sephora strategy, as well as technical specifications and brand guidelines.
• Serve as SME in development trends, training tools and platforms while continuously exploring new and innovative approaches
• Communicate regularly with stakeholders proposing recommendations and innovative learning solutions to solve organization needs and advocate for the learner experience, and develop program updates accordingly
• Connect with EDU and Field partners to ensure the integration of relevant learning initiatives and follow-up activities to drive behavioral change within the organization
We’re excited about you if you have:
• 3 - 5 years instructional design experience focused on instructor-led, digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive pdfs etc) and blended learning.
• Demonstrated expertise in effective Instructional Design methodologies to drive Education strategies; experience in curriculum development for retail, beauty or corporate environments, preferred
• Proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
• Proficiency in eLearning tools (Captivate 2017, Articulate 360, Camtasia etc), Responsive Design, Audio editing program (i.e. Audacity), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone) a plus
• Intermediate to advanced skill in Adobe Create Cloud, Microsoft Office, HTML5 and CSS
• Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
• High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
• Ability to travel as required