The Packaging and Content Design Team at this large tech org is looking for a dynamic and exceptionally creative designer with 3-5 years professional experience in branding, packaging design and structural design. Think consumer products.
This Candidate will be working within the internal Design Team to deliver world class design solutions for business groups, including major global product lines and their accessories. Our ideal candidate will have a graphic and industrial design background, including some structural packaging design knowledge and skills. Candidates will need to have demonstrated success in driving conceptual ideas from ideation to iteration and presentation, straight through to material insights and executional know-how.
We are a global, multidisciplinary team whose mission is to design world-class packaging experiences that push the boundaries of premium, are innovative, delight consumers in new ways and embody the future of our hardware and software ecosystems.
Our cultural values of Be Human, Fail Fast, Be Relentless, Grab an Oar and No Cynics foster an engaging approach to our craft, as well as a collaborative work environment. We’re a diverse team of professionals that love what we do and continue to push what the next generation of connected packaging experiences can be.
Great design doesn’t happen by accident. It takes a dedicated, highly skilled team that’s deeply committed to creative excellence and involved from initial concept to production. As a member of our Design Team you’ll be supporting the ideation, generation, development and execution of packaging design solutions for the company's products.
Our goal is to ensure full and seamless integration of brand, package potential, HW/SW intent, user experience and business strategy to create exceptional packaging across all portfolio channels. This position will report directly into the Creative Director and be an integral role as we continue to build our creative footprint with hands-on, energetic professionals willing to build, learn and grow.
This position will require a passionate, self-starting individual who can investigate, ideate, create and socialize packaging design solutions in partnership with stakeholders and internal teammates.
In this capacity, the candidate will leverage deep knowledge and practical experience in packaging design, sketching, 3D form development, prototyping and skillful presentation and communication abilities. Your creative ability to develop and deliver rich experience-led design solutions in collaboration with other designers, packaging engineers and cross-functional stakeholders is critical to success.
The ability to have direct impact on our consumer brands and products is an exceptional opportunity that will be positively challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
• 5 – 10 years professional experience in an agency / corporation conceptualizing, designing and delivering exciting, forward-facing world class packaging and brand experiences
• Customer focus design process background with proven ability to deliver designs that align with current brand vision and can push our business in new, innovative directions
• Deep interest and awareness of global design, packaging, retail, consumer trends and the ability to leverage such insights into current and future thinking
• Expert with one or more 3D tools (SolidWorks, etc.), advanced surfacing capabilities and high-volume molding techniques a must.
• Strong visual and communication skills through sketching, illustration, and 3D form creation.
• Highly proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Keyshot, etc.
• Strong knowledge in materials and manufacturing processes common to the consumer packaging industry
• A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in successful packaging and product design, versatility with design and rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process is required
• Comfort with designing under dynamic deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with 2D die line development a distinct advantage
• Strong organizational skills to managing multiple projects at once. Highly motivated and self-driven individual
• Willingness to learn, motivate and inspire others as a Design Leader