AQUENT is partnering with a Fortune 200 organization in Richmond, VA on a long-term opportunity for a Digital Content Editor. If you’re a grammar fanatic, who loves long form copyediting, and is comfortable in a leadership position, then this role is for you!
Who are we?
Our content marketing team is focused on delivering compelling and valuable content that will enrich people’s lives and influence the perception of our brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
What are we looking for?
We’re hiring an editor for our digital content marketing team. You’ll help edit, publish and curate digital content with a focus on SEO-driven blog articles. The ideal candidate should have experience writing, editing, proofreading, fact-checking and publishing content on a CMS. We’re looking for the right mix of editing skills, project management and people skills, marketing know-how, and creativity.
The person in this role will:
- Edit long-form content for digital channels.
- Understand tone, brand voice, and brand guidelines and adapt editing style for a variety of outlets.
- Copyedit for grammar, typos, AP style and brand’s editorial standards.
- Fact-check content, ensure content complies with legal and PR guidance, and hold team accountable to a high standard of accuracy.
- Research and incorporate feedback quickly.
- Pitch new content ideas grounded in our overall content strategy.
- Write articles and copy as needed.
- Oversee the publication of content on our blog and lead our internal QA process.
- Create and manage a process for optimizing existing blog content, refreshing and resurfacing relevant content based on opportunities.
- Assist in managing schedules and deadlines for team.
- Guide work through the review and approval process.
- Manage documentation of approvals, consent forms and images.
You should apply if:
“I’m silently correcting your grammar” is your favorite quote.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented.
You’re excited about content, marketing and branding.
You have a passion for reading, writing and editing feature articles.
You’re able to communicate both tactically and strategically, and you can defend your editing choices.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, journalism or a related field
5+ years of professional writing and editing experience
3+ years of digital marketing and branding experience
Previous experience working in a fast-paced corporate marketing environment within a regulated industry (like finance or healthcare)
Previous experience in project management
Previous experience with journalism or long-form communications
Experience writing and editing for SEO and web-specific constructs (ADA compliance, mobile UX, etc.)
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.