UX Content Strategist
As a UX content strategist on our team, you can take a long view of the customer’s “job to be done” and write clear, natural-sounding product content that aids and informs people at their point of need. You can quickly write microcopy for an A/B test or orchestrate content across complex product flows. You can synthesize, organize, and guide the flow of content into the product in ways that best serve the user and the business. And you can set aside ego and ownership to work with other teams — including engineers, product managers, designers, and localization experts — to make the right content decisions for our products.
• Use clear, concise, human language to simplify complex experiences and generally bring concepts down to earth for our customers.
• Write short- and long-form content for a variety of Web and app products, including in-context education for transactional flows.
• Collaborate across disciplines (design, product, marketing, engineering, etc.) to establish a unified voice and a seamless experience for your product area.
• Use data from customer research and product analytics to inform your content strategies.
• Participate in design sprints, tests, and brainstorming sessions, following the same agile rhythms as your product-team members.
• Make valuable contributions to content crits and design reviews, and provide editorial feedback to your peers as needed.
• Document content patterns and conventions for your features in our content style guide and design system.
• Contribute to our team culture in a meaningful way. Spread enthusiasm about our discipline and foster goodwill toward our department.
Your preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or above preferred but not mandatory.
• 6+ years of professional writing experience preferred, preferably in a UX or digital product team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Applied understanding of user-centered content strategy and design.
• Ability to incorporate data and customer insights into your content decisions.
• Familiarity with contemporary practices in content strategy/design, content accessibility, and localization.
• Ability to perform with a high degree of creativity, latitude, and autonomy.
• Portfolio with case studies, or related body of work that shows breadth and depth of experience in the above areas.