Our Milwaukee, financial client is looking for an expert in Instructional Designer, as well as course development, using rapid development to create storyboards and design and develop courses simultaneously. This new way of working decreases development time, while allowing the SMEs immediate feedback to what the course will visually look and feel like for the learners.
Skills & Accountabilities:
• Consults with all levels of field and home office personnel, including senior management, and synthesizes various data and analyzes information, in order to identify training needs of Managing Partners, Managing Directors, all models of Financial Representatives, Field staff, Director of Network Office Supervision, and Field leadership.
• Determines if training is needed, and leads and takes ownership for developing more complex training strategies and deliverables.
• Takes lead in determining and documenting training objectives, and researches, designs, develops, and implements field training projects, in order to develop field and to sustain and enhance productivity.
• Determines what type of media is most effective in meeting training needs (online course, facilitator-led course, podcast, video, school, written materials, etc.).
• Ensures the target audience’s training needs are met, while working within project deadlines and allocated budget.
• Experience with developing in various authoring tools, specifically Storyline 360.
• Project management experience is preferred.
• Learning Management System (LMS) knowledge is helpful.
• Experience with use of various learning/development technologies (e.g., CSS, XML, Content Management Systems, Authoring Tools, SharePoint, database platform infrastructures, Flash, HTML5, Rich Media, Social Media, Web 2.0, etc.) is not required, but preferred.
We are a relatively new team focused on creating an experience that the field craves through learning content and change management. We are focused on creating an exceptional experience for the field.
What are the must haves for this role?
Specialized knowledge and understanding of learning methodologies and current research in the industry. Skilled course authoring, full lifecycle instructional design to include experience in analysis, design, development processes, strategies, delivery, and evaluation methods (3 years’ experience +). Candidate must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable with in-person facilitation.
• Demonstrated effective use of consulting skills; Comfortable working with employees at various levels of the organization
• Strong Project Management and communication skills; the ability to navigate ambiguity, work autonomously in a fast paced, quickly changing environment, escalate risks
• Works collaboratively with team with strong stakeholder management skills; yet can work autonomously on discovery, design and execution of projects
• Comfortable with learning / knowledge management systems, and experience authoring content in a variety of mediums (video production, HTML, java, mobile learning), curious about innovative creation and delivery of learning data analytics/metrics reporting, recommendations on best practices, learner centric approach
What are the nice to haves for this role?
FINRA and/or State Licenses - Series 6, Series 7
Compliance background and/or experience working with the DOL fiduciary rule