Come work for our coolest client in Denver!! Or REMOTE from anywhere in the USA....performance wear experince
The Materials and Trims Designer – Creative Services will be an exceptionally creative individual with a global mindset.
They are responsible for identifying seasonal trends in materials and trims that align with the creative vision for brand.
This role will partner with materials developer and vendors to pioneer and commercialize technically innovative
concepts. Under the Direction of the Creative Services Director & brand Creative Directors, this role will serve to
influence and align product designers toward a seasonal vision as it is expressed through materials and trims.
- Responsible for identifying seasonal trends in materials/trims that align with the creative vision for brand.
- Responsible for staying current on global industry materials/trims trends and successfully integrating trends within the framework of The Brand's DNA.
- Travel to mills and relevant trade shows.
- Build tiering strategy for all materials/trim concepts to address wholistic global business needs.
- Partner with business managers to determine materials/trims FOB needs by tier or collection.
- Lead development of seasonal materials/trims strategy by briefing developers and mills on goals, understanding FOB requirements, and seasonal start date.
- Responsible for calendarizing and partnering with materials development team to ensure commercialization of goods in time for seasonal prototype needs.
- Build partnerships with cross functional teams (materials, product development, sourcing) to ensure concepts are commercialize under specific seasonal timelines.
- Able to supply Mills and/or developers with technical direction to achieve seasonal concepts and direction to cost engineers for tiering strategy.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work cross functionally over all categories; performance apparel, sportswear apparel, outerwear, equipment, and footwear.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- BA or BS degree in Apparel, Textiles, Materials Manufacturing, Design (Apparel) or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross functional teams and must have a track record in executing tasks/projects.
Computer/Software Applications: Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Keynote, Macintosh OS.
- Strong background in designing product lines and experience working with design teams. Knowledge of the
- Design process a must.
- Strong understanding of materials industry and vendors.
- Experience developing innovative fabrics and trims to commercialization.
- Capable of driving short term, long term, and complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with internal staff and develop strong business relationships.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Embrace change and react with speed and agility.
- Flexible and creative problem solver.